ENDEAVOR ONSITE CODE OF CONDUCT AND EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
In consideration of being permitted to enter Endeavor Business Media, LLC’s (the “Company”) Northwest Machine Tool Expo 2023 (the “Event”) at Oregon Convention Center (the “Venue”) and engage in the Event activities and in recognition of the Company’s reliance on my commitments, I agree to adhere to the code of conduct and all the terms and conditions to admission to Event set forth in this agreement, including to release the Company and its affiliates of liability related to your participation as explained under Liability Disclaimer and Release.
Registration policy: Each registration Confirmation ID represents a single pass per person. Sorry, no sharing passes. Please note: The Company reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at its events, including Event, at any time for any reason.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellation request need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistance and accommodations: We’re happy to help. If you need any special accommodations (i.e., person who is blind/visually impaired or person who uses a wheelchair), please contact us in advance to arrange assistance at the Event.
Privacy notice: We understand that you are aware of and care about your own personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously. The Company’s Privacy Notice describes the Company’s policies and practices regarding its collection and use of your personal data and sets forth your privacy rights. We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility and so we will, from time to time, update this privacy notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies. If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
Health and Safety at Company Events: The Company is committed to providing a safe event experience for all participants involved including attendees, staff, vendors, exhibitors, and anyone else who will be present at the Event. Given that the responsibility of a safe in-person event is equally shared among event organizers, event vendors, event staff, and event attendees, the Company expects all participants abide by the behaviors and expectations set forth in this Code of Conduct. The Company hosts all events in accordance with the health & safety policies as mandated by the city and state in which the Event is hosted, as well as the individual event venue, at the time of the event (i.e. attendance limits, social distancing, mask requirements, etc.).
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the Event organizers if you have concerns.
- Do not come to the Event if you are sick or have recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- Do not come to the Event if you have been advised to quarantine or isolate by a health care provider or a public health official.
- Add to your phone’s contact list, the Event organizer’s contact information: Megan Stark, firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-324-852.
On-Site During Event
- Be socially responsible and fully comply with all rules and restrictions established by the Event and the Venue for attendance as well as applicable State and local requirements, including, but not limited to, wearing approved face covering when required, maintaining appropriate social distance from others when directed.
- Follow guidance from the local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- ASSUME ALL RISKS OF ATTENDING AN IN-PERSON EVENT, INCLUDING THE POTENTIAL RISK OF BECOMING INFECTED WITH COVID-19 AND ASSOCIATED VARIANTS AND OTHER RESPIRATORY VIRUSES.
- If you become ill, immediately isolate yourself and notify Event personnel and seek medical assistance as needed.
- Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 7 days after returning home, please contact : Megan Stark, email@example.com or 224-324-852.
Conduct at Company Events: The Company is dedicated to making our meetings and events safe places for all, an experience that embraces the richness of diversity where participants may exchange ideas, learn, network, and socialize in the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual respect. We do not tolerate harassment of any kind. We insist that all participants at Company events — whether attendees, staff, speakers, exhibitors or sponsors — demonstrate respect and courtesy to all. This includes refraining from inappropriate language, comments and behavior, in person or by electronic communications (such as social media).
Anyone who has experienced improper behavior in violation of this policy is encouraged to report it immediately to Event personnel. Company staff members are trained to elevate such issues immediately. Alternate methods of reporting issues include emailing HR@Endeavorb2b.com. The Company reserves the right to rescind registration or attendance at any Company event, at any time, for violations of this policy.
The Company is committed to providing a harassment- and discrimination-free experience for everyone at our events, an experience that embraces the richness of diversity where participants may exchange ideas, learn, network, and socialize in the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual respect.
Photography/video: Please be aware that the Company will be taking photographs and video in public areas of the Event (session rooms, exhibit hall, networking functions, etc.). We may use such media in marketing materials, educational products and publications. Your image and the sound of your voice may be recorded. If you are identified during the recording, or identify yourself by name, that information may be included in our materials. Recordings may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed.
By participating in the Event, you give the Company permission to use your image, voice, or likeness in photographs, video or other medium obtained during the Event for marketing, promotional and other business purposes.
Badge scanning: As you enter each educational session, you may have your badge scanned by an Event staff member standing outside the session room. We use this information to improve logistics at future events and process continuing education credits, if applicable. This information will not be shared. Please note: Exhibitors and/or sponsors at sponsored speaking sessions or in the exhibit hall may wish to scan your badge so they can contact you with more information. The Company uses American Tradeshow Services to provide badge scanning services to exhibitors and/or sponsors who request it. By allowing an exhibitor and/or sponsor to scan your badge, you are consenting to have American Tradeshow Services provide the exhibitor and/or sponsor with your contact information, and thereafter you may be contacted by the exhibitor and/or sponsor post-event.
Badge printing at registration: The Company uses American Tradeshow Services to provide badge printing services for those attending the Event. Your information will be shared with American Tradeshow Services for the purpose of printing your contact information on your name badge. A name badge is required to gain access to conference sessions, exhibit hall and networking.
Speaker Views: The views and opinions expressed in program sessions are those of the speaker(s) and do not necessarily reflect the positions of the Company.
Unacceptable Behavior: Being negligent and unwilling to follow the rules and regulations listed in this Code of Conduct, even after a verbal warning has been provided by Event or venue personnel.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior: If a participant chooses to not follow the behaviors and expectations set forth in this Code of Conduct, the Company may take any action deemed appropriate depending on the circumstances, ranging from issuance of a warning to the offending individual to expulsion from the Event with no refund of registration or sponsorship fees paid.
Witnessing Unacceptable Behavior: If at any point you feel unsafe because another participant is not following the Code of Conduct, please contact Event personnel either in-person onsite at the meeting, or at Megan Stark, firstname.lastname@example.org or 224-324-852. OR Legal@Endeavorb2b.com; +1 (888) 474-9001).
No Retaliation: The Company prohibits retaliation for reporting perceived violations of this policy or cooperating in any way. If you believe someone has violated this no-retaliation policy, you should bring the matter to the immediate attention of the Company by visiting https://www.endeavorbusinessmedia.com/compliance-concerns/.
Liability Disclaimer and Release
- UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ATTENDING A PUBLIC EVENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COVID-19 AND OTHER COMMUNICABLE VIRUSES OR DISEASES, I AM VOLUNTARILY ENTERING THE VENUE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED AND I ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM MY BEING AT THE VENUE OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY OR OTHERWISE.
- I EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER KNOWN, AGAINST THE COMPANY OR VENUE AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”), ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO MY BEING AT THE VENUE OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, WHETHER OR NOT ARISING OUT OF THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY OR ANY RELEASEES. I COVENANT NOT TO SUE OR OTHERWISE MAKE OR BRING ANY SUCH CLAIM AGAINST THE COMPANY, VENUE OR ANY OTHER RELEASEE, AND FOREVER RELEASE AND DISCHARGE THE COMPANY, VENUE AND ALL OTHER RELEASEES FROM LIABILITY UNDER SUCH CLAIMS. THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITIES THAT APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT PERMIT TO BE RELEASED BY AGREEMENT.
General Agreement and Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions, including the Liability Disclaimer and Release, constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Company and me with respect to my attendance at and participation in Event. If any term or provision of this Release is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Release or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Release is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Company and me and our respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including this Release, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction). Any claim or cause of action arising under this Release may be brought only in the federal and state courts located in Davidson County, Tennessee and I hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.